The unity of body and consciousness
I give yoga classes for relaxation and vitality, both one on one sessions and group classes for private individuals and companies;
In Oud-Beijerland I teach at the following locations:
- In Sporting Centre De Boogerd:
- Monday from 09.30 am to 10.30 am Conscious exercise for the elderly
- Monday from 19.30 to 20.30 pm and Tuesday from 20.00 to 21.0 pm Hatha Yoga;
- Tuition € 34,00 per month or € 12,50 for a single lesson;
- Thursday Business Yoga at Tiofarma from 17.30 pm to 18.30 pm;
- Friday morning from 10.30 am to 11.45 am Chair Yoga in De Open Waard. Tuition € 10,00 per lesson.
- Soon we will also start with Chair Yoga in De Rembrandt if there is sufficient interest; on October 7 there is a free trial lesson at 3 pm.
Lessons can also be given at other locations in consultation.
I was educated at the Saswitha Training for Yoga and Philosophy in Bilthoven. Saswitha is the oldest yoga teacher training in the Netherlands and also the largest of all yoga courses that are recognized by the VYN (Association of Yoga teachers in the Netherlands).
Saswitha Yoga is a form of Hatha Yoga, based on the unity of body and consciousness, where the breath forms the connection. The breath "carries" the movement and focuses the attention.
In addition, I am certified to give chair yoga lessons through Stoelyoga Netherlands and Flanders.
Yoga not only works on a physical level, but also has an effect on your mental well-being. It is a way to relax, to focus your attention inwardly, to reconnect with yourself (again) and to connect with your body and your feelings and to be aware of yourself "from within".
A yoga class consists of standing, sitting and lying postures and is concluded with a (lying) final relaxation. We do exercises to address all the movement options of the spine and joints. The exercises vary from 'subtle' to 'challenging' and can be adapted to everyone's capabilities. We are always looking for the right balance between relaxation and strength. Relaxation and breathing exercises are also part of the lesson.